[G4] CD Tray Opens & Closes on start-up

Doug McNutt douglist at macnauchtan.com
Thu Jan 12 11:58:20 PST 2006

At 17:07 +0000 1/12/06, Michael Lawrence wrote:
>The problem is, annoyingly, the CD tray opens and then closes each time I boot the machine.

You're lucky it closes. Mine stays open if I have anything the least bit special connected to a USB port. I have to run with the mouse in one port and a keyboard in another.  Add an expander to, for instance, run a scanner, and the CD-ROM starts opening up again.

There were extensive comments about it in days gone past. Updating the boot ROM for OS neXt didn't help.
--

--> Science is the business of discovering and codifying the rules and methods employed by the Intelligent Designer. Religions provide myths to mollify the anxiety experienced by those who choose not to participate. <--