[G4] Re: CD Tray Opens & Closes on start-up

Wade Tinney wtinney at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 12 15:08:57 PST 2006

Michael Lawrence <michael at videosonics.com> wrote:
>Greetings List,
>
>I have a Quicksilver 733 running Panther.
>
>The problem is, annoyingly, the CD tray opens and then closes each time I
>boot the machine.
>
>Any clues as to how I might prevent this from happening?

For Christmas I got a friend of ours a G4 Mystic.  At first I didn't
have a USB keyboard or mouse to use with it, so I was using a PS2 to
USB converter doohickey.  The DVD drawer would pop open every time it
booted.  This stopped when I hooked up a USB mouse & keyboard.

Given:  Holding down the mouse button on bootup is a signal to eject
the CD/DVD.

Soooooo...  I'm guessing that something on your USB bus is being read
as "mouse button down" on bootup.
--
Wade Tinney