[G4] how can I upgrade my G4 450mhz up to 1.0 ghz?

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Fri Jan 13 11:46:10 PST 2006

On 13 January, 2006, at 8:41:48, marco santos wrote:

> how can I upgrade my G4 450mhz up to 1.0 ghz?
>
> I already found a lot of store that has this procesor upgrade, but
> I am not sure which on is for me (compatible).

I installed a Sonnet brand processor upgrade to make my 400MHz G4
Gigabit Ethernet into a 1GHz machine. It was a simple remove and
replace operation and the new processor showed up immediately in
"About this Mac".

There was no need to install additional software or adapters. It only
needed me to remove the heat sink, unscrew three screws, gently
remove the old processor board, firmly seat the new one, put the
screws back in, and attach the heat sink. Finished the installation
in less than 5 minutes and was rebooted and working perfectly.

Just make sure that you purchase the upgrade processor for YOUR model
G4. There are a couple of differences between the models that make it
necessary to have the exact model upgrade to work properly.

Hope you can find the upgrade you need and I know you will enjoy the
speed.