[G4] USB & Firewire management

diane diane at mathermotorsports.com
Sun Jan 15 07:29:10 PST 2006

Anyone else find cabling management to be a nightmare these days? I
have a MDD dual 1.4ghz G4 and it seems I'm always having issues with
cables.

I have 2 ipods, a 1st and 3rd gen. I have the older cable plugged in
to the computer so that I can just use the ipod firewire adapter with
the newer one, which is a new thing as of today when I had to replug
the cables to see if my 1st gen needed and update. I also have an
external LaCie firewire drive.

Everything else is USB and I seem to be having some issues with my
Belkin hub. I constantly have to unplug/replug my printer to get it
to work and since I've had to do the same with the scanner a couple
of times, I'm suspecting the hub more than the cables.

I see there are now firewire/usb combo hubs. Are they worth it and do
they work? Thankfully the prices seem to have come down a bit! Any
brands to look for or steer away from?

Technology is great but I hate cables LOL

Thanks,

Diane