[G4] Flatliner MDD

B G briang113 at pacbell.net
Tue Jan 17 09:52:36 PST 2006

The not awaking from sleep is a common issue for the G4's. I do not
know if anyone has ever found the magic solution, it seems to be a
combo of add on cards, USB hubs, software etc.

The best solution is to set the preferences to never sleep, you just
spin down the disks and dim the display.

Also if you need to reset since the MDD do not have the reset /
interrupt buttons, try the keyboard commands before you open it up
and use the motherboard reset

  Keyboard Commands:
If the computer does not have a reset button, press the Command-
Control-power keys instead.

If the computer does not have an interrupt button, press the Command-
power keys instead.

Brian

G4 gigE 1.0 GHz Powerlogix, 1 GB RAM