[G4] I can't get DSL in my G4...

Richard H. Blount majorrich at adelphia.net
Thu Jan 19 20:15:55 PST 2006

I had a semi similar experience with my Cable connection. I found I needed
to manually set-up my DNS information before I could get traffic to go
through. You might try power cycling the DSL modem and have the DNS
information already in place and let the DHCP (Assumption that the provider
is using DHCP) give you an IP address. Mac address' are hard-coded into the
network adaptor and are all supposed to be unique, although I have seen SMC
adaptors with duplicates.
Just my two pennies. I have seen this on several platforms with my provider.
Naturally YMMV.

Rich

--
Maj. Richard H. Blount (OHMR Ret.)