[G4] HOW TO MAKE MY DSL ROUTER WORK....

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Tue Jan 24 19:34:54 PST 2006

Greetings ( + )!( + )

Unless you were required to register your MAC address with your service
provider you don't need to clone your MAC address to you router. The
Router has a MAC address and the service provider (ISP) should accept
that address.

Where's what I have to do when there is a problem (comcast.net)
Shut-down everything, and what I'm referring to is power-off. This
includes the computer the router and the cable modem. For the cable
modem you not only need to power-down you need to unplug the power plug
and leave it unplugged for about 2 minutes.

Then in the following order.
1. Plugin the cable modem and wait until all of the lights on the front
are in a stable pattern indicating that it is commuting with the
server.
2. Plugin the router (should still be connected to the modem and your
computer) and wait for a short period of time that will insure that the
modem has recognized the router.
3. Start-up the computer.

Then check your Network connection panel for the network connection.

On Jan 24, 2006, at 7:30 AM, Robert Meadors wrote:

> You need to clone the MAC address from the computer into the router at
> which point the "net" will see your computer, which is authorized with
> your provider, as opposed to your router which it sees as a new and
> unauthorized computer. Check your instructions for the how to.
>
> Chris
>

> On Jan 21, 2006, at 8:48 PM, marco santos wrote:
>
>> I WAS USING JUST THE DSL MODEM AND IT WAS WORKING
>> FINE, BUT WHEN I TRIED TO PLUG IT INTO A DSL ROUTER
>> LINKSYS, IT STOPPED GIVING ME ACCES TO THE INTERNET.
>> WHAT IS WRONG?
>> IF I TAKE THE ROUTER AWAY....THE INTERNET WORKS
>> FINE.....HELP PLEASE....
>> MARCO
>>
>> Thank you
>>
>> and may God bless you
>>
>> Marco Antonio dos Santos

Best Regards, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
* Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,
proactive self-defense is for the rest of us.