[G4] Anyone know how to get extended desktop on a G4/533DA?

corendurance corendurance at comcast.net
Fri Jan 27 17:48:44 PST 2006

I've just inherited a G4/533mHz (I believe it's a single processor Digital
Audio version). It has a NVDA GeForce 2 MX video card. I'm trying to get an
extended desktop using two monitors - one is an Apple Studio Display 17
using the DVI connector, and the second is a KDS 17" LCD using the VGA
15-pin port. Both monitors are running on the same GeForce2 card.

Oh, I'm also running OS X 10.2.6

Right now the best I can get is mirrored displays. Display preferences won't
give me any options. Is there any kind of software patch or other setting
that will allow me to stop mirroring displays and extend the desktop across
both monitors?

If not, then is there another video card or adapter that will work in this
Mac and let me do the same thing?
Thanks!