[G4] [Fwd: Hosed]

James Pacyga jim.pacyga at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 30 20:05:40 PST 2006

Actually I think the proper command is:

sudo rm <file name>

su is to perform a super user change of acct, while sudo allows one
to execute a command under a super user identity while remaining in a
normal user shell before and after.  You will need to authenticate
using your password assuming you are the administrator.  If you are
not, you may have to su to the root account (in which case you need
to set up the root password in NetInfo).

PS. NEVER NEVER use *.* for the rm command or you will do horrible
things.