[G4] Word Processor for G4 running OS X

Earle Jones earle.jones at comcast.net
Mon Jul 3 12:22:54 PDT 2006

On Jul 3, 2006, at 12:05 PM, John Baltutis wrote:

> On 07/03/06,  Tim Collier <collierof1957 at mac.com> wrote:
>>
>> Ron, if he's switching to a G5, Appleworks doesn't come on it.  It
>> only came on the consumer Macs (iBook and iMac).  So, unless he
>> already has it, that's not an option unless he wants to pick up a
>> copy on the swap list or ebay (gasp!).  I don't think Apple sells it
>> anymore as they replaced it with iWork.
>
> Available at
> <http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/
> 1044003/wo/EQ67xCJFbScn2fYChs01rsPrzji/3.0.19.1.0.8.25.7.11.0.3>.

*
Take a look at NeoOffice -- you can read reviews about it at:

or go directly to Trinity Software for more information:

      http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/en/download.php

Both PowerPC and Intel/Mac versions are available.

It's free and has a powerful word processor, spread sheet,
presentation program (a la PowerPoint), template maker, drawing
program, database, etc.

NOTE:  This is Beta software -- might have a bug or two.  So far, my
usage has been pretty reliable.

earle
*