[G4] g4 digital audio installing os x 10.3 update

Philip J Robar philip.robar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 23:18:01 PDT 2006

On Jul 6, 2006, at 7:41 PM, cerebus DaPope wrote:

> i think the problem is called a kernal panic?
> this is the kernal panic i get on the screen
> as follows:
> panic(cpu 0): unable to find driver for this platform: "powermac3,4.

Any version of 10.3.x should install on your machine. You've already
said your firmware is up to date (4.2.8 yes?) so that's not the
problem. The first thing that comes to mind is checking your memory.
If I recall correctly 10.3 was much more picky about memory than
previous releases. If you have more than one stick try one at a time
and see if you still get the panic. Another option is to get memtest
for OS X at http://www.memtestosx.org/. Do you have the Apple
Hardware Test disc for your machine by any chance?

Do you have access to another machine so that you could test the
install disc?

Phil