[G4] Graphics card upgrade to run 20" cinema?

Philip J Robar philip.robar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 12:08:06 PDT 2006

On Jul 10, 2006, at 10:40 AM, B G wrote:

> You need a card with at least 64 mg or more to run the higher
> resolutions.

This is not true. 16 MBs is more than enough memory to support the
native resolution of the monitor in question. As I said in my other
post this is most likely a lack of digital bandwidth.

Quoting from a Mac OS X Hints discussion:

1600 x 1200 x 32 / 8 = 7,680,000 (number of bytes necessary at
"millions" of colors bit depth)
So, 1600 x 1200 at millions of color is possible with only 8 MB.

Phil