[G4] Where have all the gigs gone?

B G briang113 at pacbell.net
Tue Jul 11 14:49:53 PDT 2006

On Jul 11, 2006, at 12:19 PM, Davis Gaffga wrote:

> On Jul 11, 2006, at 1:01 PM, B G wrote:
>
>> If you haven't done it already you should remove all the extra
>> language support that will free up a large volume of space.
>
> Is there an easy way to do that?

I used a freeware program it was a few years ago and on one of my
laptops. I am not sure of the name.
I did a quick search and    http://monolingual.sourceforge.net/
came up I am not sure if that is what I used.

>> Also did you do a clean install? If so you have a duplicate system
>> folder on your drive.
>
> I did the easy install, no customization.
>

>> You might want to consider a bigger drive they are pretty cheap
>> these days about .25 a gig.
>>
>> I just purchased a 200 GB drive for about $45.
>
> I am planning to do that as my one internal drive is only 40 GB,
> but I do have a 120 GB external. where did you find the 200 GB
> (internal I assume) for $45.00.

I bought it at micro center a few weeks ago. (sales is most likely
over). What the other poster said is true about the 128 limit in
these machines. I have installed an Ultra ATA board so I am able to
use the large drive.