[G4] I need help with OSX

SLarsonIH at aol.com SLarsonIH at aol.com
Wed Jul 12 14:21:37 PDT 2006

Ok, well I pulled out my 10.3 install disk and booted up with that and ran
Disk Utility. Disk repair said everything was ok. I checked permissions and a
ton of errors were found, but it came to a place where no more errors were
being
listed and the progress bar was only a third of the way across but it was
still looking like a spinning barber pole on the side. (looking active) I let
it
run for a while and clicked on stop checking, and then the confirm stop
checking, but the progress bar never stops. I finally do a force quit and
restart
disk utility, and just tell it to repair permissions. It repairs them all
until
it gets to the same place on the progress bar, and then pops up a warning box
that says:

Disk Utility Internal Error
Disk Utility has lost its connection with the Disk Management Tool and cannot
continue. Please quit and relaunch Disk Utility.

Where do I go from here?

STeve