[G4] Safari web site troubles

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jul 24 06:35:31 PDT 2006

Thank you to everyone who has reported what you are seeing on my website.
Now I need some help to troubleshoot the problem.

To recap: I can see only a gray color behind my flash title on
http://www.paintmaking.com in Safari 1.3.2 (v312.6) and Internet Explorer
5.2.3 (5815.1). What should be there is a colored header image.

I have established that other people can see the image correctly, including
on the same builds of Safari and IE and on the same OS (10.3.9). One
exception is someone using Shiira who can only see gray in Shiira, but sees
colors in other browsers including Safari.

On my computer Netscape 7.2, Firefox, Mozilla, Opera and Camino can all see
the image correctly.

Safari and IE have the same problem displaying the header image on all the
accounts on my eMac. (but no problems with other images on the site.)

I have: cleared cache with no improvement, checked Safari Preferences (Java
enabled, JavaScript enabled, and 'display images as pages open' is checked.

I have removed the software that I installed recently. (MacTracker)

I have removed a piece of JavaScript added recently (from Google to
facilitate their Analytics programme)

The only major thing I have done lately that is out of the ordinary is to
Clone my OS X hard drive to an external drive using SuperDuper.

I don't seem to be having problems with other websites.

So how can this be. If the problem is in my computer why only the one site
affected? Yet if the problem is with the site then why can other people see
the site correctly?

I need guidance as I am running out of ideas for troubleshooting. Are there
any files that I should try trashing?

Could the problem lie in my Flash player perhaps (how do I test this?

Tony
http://www.tonyjohansen.com
A Life Of Art