[G4] Sudden Slowdown

SKYGRAM skygram at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 11:15:09 PDT 2006

Jim,

You are describing symptoms that are happening to me. However I
thought it was my old G4-400mhz Gigabit.

Now I feel that it is probably OS-X.4.7.

I am wondering if it isn't the result of the universal binaries. It is
only since they have been included in OS-X that I have noticed a
significant performance slow down.

Would one of those small programs that remove that aspect of OS-X make
any difference?

When I updated to OS-X.4.7 a few weeks ago, I noticed a number of odd
glitches occurring.

I used Disk Warrior and most went away. All except the slow performance.

Bill