[G4] Speaking of Activity Monitor - What is TruBlueEnvironment???

jim carbone dictator at rebargraphics.com
Wed Jul 26 11:31:58 PDT 2006

Hi J.R.,

The following page is referenced within the site that I was referred
to yesterday to help with my issue:

http://www.westwind.com/reference/OS-X/background-processes.html

It has a pretty comprehensive list of what those processes are and
lists TruBlueEnvironment as:

"The Classic (OS 9 compatibility) environment. This single process
includes OS 9 and all running classic applications. The name derives
from an early Apple code-name for the Classic environment: "the Blue
Box". For some reason, Activity Monitor (under Mac OS X v10.3) has
trouble reading this process's name, and tends to display it as
"(null)"."

HTH,
--jim