[G4] HD questions

Philip J Robar pjrobar at areyoureallythatstupid.org
Mon Jun 5 13:52:57 PDT 2006

On Jun 5, 2006, at 8:03 AM, Roxylee wrote:

> I need a bigger HD for my G4 digital audio AGP. I read somewhere
> that this machine would only recognize up to 128 G. My question is,
> should I just stick with getting one this size, or is there a
> simple workaround if I bought a bigger size?

You have two choices if you want to add an internal drive larger than
128 GB. The first is to buy a PCI serial or parallel ATA controller
that is Mac compatible. Unfortunately these are considerably more
expensive for Macs than they are for PCs. A serial controller is
around $50 and a parallel controller will cost about $70. The other
option is Intech's Hi-Cap driver (http://www.speedtools.com/
ATA6.shtml) for $25. Just make sure you read the Read Me file and are
willing to live with its limitations.

Phil
--
"An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this
great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and