[G4] Pioneer 111D

Philip J Robar pjrobar at areyoureallythatstupid.org
Thu Jun 8 14:34:51 PDT 2006

On Jun 8, 2006, at 2:08 PM, SKYGRAM wrote:

> Maybe I am wrong. But I believe that you will need the Patchburn
> program to install the  Pioneer 111D. Whereas the Pioneer 110D is
> automatically classed as a Superdrive if you are using the latest
> update of Tiger.

There are numerous reports of successful DVR-111D installs at http://
www.xlr8yourmac. Patchburn is not needed for Tiger. This is the norm
for most burners when using Tiger. (Note that the DVR-710 is the
retail version of this drive. It was recently available at Best Buy
in the US for $40.)

Go to xlr8yourmac's home page and select Drive Compatibility from the
Database menu. Then narrow down your choices as needed.

xlr8yourmac and http://www.barefeats.com are two sites that every Mac
user should be familiar with.

Phil
--
"An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this
great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and