[G4] Dead eMac

parts guy macpartsguy at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 9 10:48:11 PDT 2006

I fixed an eMac for a coworker.....her cat puked on the top of it and so in
their efforts to clean up the mess they vacuumed and wiped and what all else
they did.....it had still worked fine after the cat puked and before the
cleanup.....something in the cleaning process had made it stop.....well, I
thought that it was probably a power supply or something......changed the
battery to no avail.....upon her OK I tore it open and poked
around.....strange thing struck me as I disassembled the unit.....the little
wire that coiled from the mobo to the on/off switch came loose very
easily.....as I reassembled the unit I looked more closely at the wire to
switch connection and realized that in their efforts to clean the eMac they
had turned it all different directions and the wire fitting probably worked
loose.....I reattached the fitting into the socket on the switch and all has
been fine since.......the going rate for this repair is two bottles of wine!

Thanks,
Keith
G4-500 AGP/10.4.4
B/W G3-350/9.2.2