[G4] Kensington A+ Support

Eric Buczynski emaxxx4 at warpmail.net
Mon Jun 12 15:31:44 PDT 2006

I was working on a model car and a screw got inside my Kensington
Keyboard-in-a-box.  I disassembled it and took out the screw but then
the space bar wasn't working right.  When I hit any part of the space
bar aside from the center it wouldn't produce a space.  I called
Kensington and spoke to someone  quickly.  I told them that I
disassembled it and just wanted to know if there were screws under
the extreme right and left sides of the spacebar that may have gotten
out.  I was hoping for a technical manual or something, but the rep I
spoke to said they would just replace it, EVEN AFTER I TOLD THEM THAT
I TOOK APART THE KEYBOARD TO REMOVE AN ITEM DROPPED INSIDE OF IT.  It
is still under warranty too.  I asked the rep helping me, Siraj, if
they wanted me to put the old one in the new box and ship it back to
them,but he said i could just throw the old one away!  Unbelievable!
So at least I'll have one for backup parts.

I know this doesn't relate to G4s but I had to tell all the Mac
people here.  I told Siraj's supervisor about the excellent service
he gave me so I'm sure it made his day.

Eric Buczynski