[G4] Wireless network question

Doug Burton mdd867x2 at adelphia.net
Tue Jun 20 13:27:27 PDT 2006

On Jun 20, 2006, at 2:33 AM, David Gilbert wrote:

> I have recently purchased some Belkin networking equipment namely:
>
> A Belkin Wireless 802.11g Router (Part # F5D7230au4)
>
> And
>
> A Belkin Wireless USB Print server (Part # P57122au ? )
>

> The Router works fine (connected to a Cable Modem serving a network of
> Macs and PCs). The PCs can print to a Brother HL 1430 laser printer
> via the print server.
>
> However, I have so far been unable to get the Print server working
> with any of the Macs on my network (using IP printing).
>
> Question 1. Does anyone use this type of setup for a mixed network of
> Macs & PC?
>
> Question 2. Does anyone know if in fact a Belkin Wireless USB Print
> server be used on a mixed network of Macs and PCs or just PCs?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>

> Regards
>
> David Gilbert

I had a no-name parallel print server some time back and never could
get it to work.  I had an NEC laser printer that I wanted all my
computers to have access to, but just couldn't get it to work with my
b&w file server.  I had always wanted a color laser printer, so I
solved the problem by buying a new HP Color Laserjet which had network
printing capabilities.  Now all my Mac can access it, but only my PC
which is running XP pro can.  The others are running versions of
Windows 9x and can't print to it.

Just a message from Doug...