[G4] Another Wireless Network Question

LeftyZ at aol.com LeftyZ at aol.com
Tue Jun 20 21:58:55 PDT 2006

I have a DSL-based network, with a "2Wire" router that was provided from
AT&T.

The problem?

While all three of my laptops work GREAT in my office (where the router is)
using the wireless cards, when I go to the backyard (through the house from my
 office -- about 100 feet from the router), the two cheap PC  laptops (each
under $1,000) continue to work well for internet access  using their
cards....yet, my $2,800 17-inch G4 PowerBook gets no signal from the  router at all.....

This is frustrating.  Any ideas?  Is the AirPort Card just  weaker?

John