[G4] Well hereÕs a general question that could use a good answer... (SuperDrive)

Richard Ramsowr r.ramsowr at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 25 16:16:26 PDT 2006

Well hereÕs a general question that could use a good
answer...

I looking to upgrade my CD drive to a SuperDrive I can
then upgrade to Tiger and more fully use iLife and
etc.

At OWC they offer...

a Pioneer 16X DL SuperDrive DVR 111D (DVR-111D-BK) for
$48.99

and...

 a Pioneer 16X DL SuperDrive DVR 110D (DVR110D) for
$44.99

IÕm upgrading my Power Mac, G4,  ÒQuickSilverÓ, 733
MHz with a L2 cache of 256 KB and a bus speed of 133
MHz.  ItÕs Memory is maxÕed out at 1.5 GB and itÕs
Boot ROM is version 4.2.5f1. The CPU is a Power PC G4
(2.1).

So what are the differences between the two units and
which is best suited for a QuickSilver?

As always I wait your insights...

Rich