[G4] Two Qs -- synchronization & extending computer life

Jay E. Krauss, Jr. jekrauss at charter.net
Tue Mar 7 05:48:03 PST 2006

	I don't believe there are any back up/synchronize program
with OS X (unless you are willing to use the Terminal and command
line Unix commands); however, there are a number of programs
available. LaCie has a free program Silverkeeper, which can be
downloaded from their Web site.
	Commercial programs include Retrospect, Tri-backup,
SuperDuper, and some others. I use Retrospect for my automated daily
backups, and often use it or Tri-backup for less frequent, larger
backups. Tri-Backup and SuperDuper can be downloaded and used in at
least a limited extent before you pay for them; Retrospect must be
bought before tried.