[G4] Firmware and BootROM

nagable at comcast.net nagable at comcast.net
Wed Mar 8 16:48:38 PST 2006

Hello all,

I'm very impressed with the depth of knowledge going around this listserve.  I respond only occasionally but I have great respect for the folks who know the answers to the questions that appear here.

Here's my quandry:

I'm ready to move to the Sonnet Dual G4 1.8GHz Processor upgrade.  I bought my wife a new G4 iBook (1.1 GHz) and it puts my Quicksilver 2000 (800 MHz) to shame.

The info on Other World Computing website says that I need to boot into OS 9.2 to do the firmware update.  My Quicksilver model will not boot into Classic.

My System Profiler gives the BootROM info as version 4.3.3f2.  Is this the same as the firmware number, or is it something different, and if it is different, how do I find out what firmware version is on my computer?

Thanks in advance,

Nate