[G4] slow down=> applejack

Steve Goldstein sng at cox.net
Thu Mar 9 11:41:37 PST 2006

go to Versiontracker.com and download "applejack" (it's free).  Install it, and re-start, holding down CMD-S (puts you in single user mode).  When all the gorp stops printing on your screen, enter "applejack auto restart" for a multi-aspect housecleaning, or "applejack AUTO restart" for a DEEP housecleaning (which will, among other things, remove the pictures you may have inserted on your startup icons if you have passworded your account).  Do this about once a week.  It is absolutely AMAZING.  (Note that you can do all the housecleaning manually with a number of other utilities like Onyx or Cocktail or MacJanitor--I have them all--but applejack is just so simple to use that it is my default.)

--Steve