[G4] Pionner DVD-RW106d

Robert MacLeay robertmacleay at mac.com
Thu Mar 9 16:07:05 PST 2006

"Medium error" means problems reading the disk itself; either your drive
cannot read the disk for whatever reason (like a dirty head) or, more
likely, you have a crappy DVD.

There are a lot of crappy DVDs out there on the market.

For information on DVD quality, check out
http://www.cdr-zone.com/articles/recordable_dvd_quality_page_1.html
and
http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

A simple, though not definitive, test of the drive would be to copy a bunch
of files off a known good DVD.

If you have a choice of applications to burn with, try switching.  I get far
fewer coasters with Toast than with the Finder.