[G4] Pionner DVD-RW106d

DARRYL SPESSARD premiercollt at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 9 10:50:34 PST 2006

Hi Jeff,

It is the disk media that is the problem.  Try a different brand. I
found that 16X TDK DVD-R media to not record with my Pioneer 109. I
tried the 8X and it was fine.  Took a while before  with trial and
error.  I flashed the firmware to the latest and still did not work.
Yesterday I got the DVR-110 and hope to alleviate this problem.  Hope
this helps. Some other people claim that imation is not a problem but I
have hundreds of the TDK 16X DVD-R and it was less money to upgrade to
the DVR-110.  I have yet to install it but will expect it to correct the
problem.  I do not understand why the incompatibility with a major brand
but there just is. I have not found another solution yet.

Darryl