[G4] Pioneer 111D

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Fri Mar 10 14:55:47 PST 2006

Google is your friend. You should buy the 111 as it is newer and
quieter. I am 90% certain OS X will support it.

<http://svp.co.uk/products-solo.php?pid=1020>

Pioneer DVR-111D DVD+/-R/RW Writer

The Pioneer 111D is the latest in the popular line of Pioneer DVD
writers for home users and professional duplicators, and is the
successor to the popular Pioneer 110D
There are two main differences between the Pioneer 111D and its
former version the Pioneer 110D.

- The chassis has been redesigned to reduce noise and vibration from
the drive.
- The Pioneer 111D is capable of 5X reading with DVD-RAM, whereas the
Pioneer 110D would only read DVD-RAM at 2X speed.

Specifications:
Write Speed:
DVD-R: 16x
DVD-RW: 6x
DVD-R DL: 8x

DVD+R: 16x
DVD+RW: 8x
DVD+R DL: 8x

CD-R: 40x
CD-RW: 32x

Read Speed:
DVD-ROM: 16x
DVD-R: 12x
DVD-RW: 8x
DVD-R DL: 8x

DVD+R: 12x
DVD+RW: 8x
DVR+R DL: 8x

DVD-RAM: 5x
DVD-Video: 5x

CD-ROM: 40x
CD-R: 40x
CD-RW: 32x
Video CD: 9.3x

Mounting Orientation: Horizontal and Vertical

IDE Interface: ATAPI PIO Mode 4, Multi word DMA Mode 2 16.6 Mbytes/
sec. Ultra DMA mode 4 66.6 MBytes/sec.

Data Buffer (size) 2 MBytes (Write, Read)

Dimensions (W x H x D): 148 x 42.3 x 180mm

--

Taylor Barcroft
New Media Publisher, Editor, Video Journalist, Podcaster, Futurecaster