[G4] Powerbook Battery Oddity

Alex Hurst corkflor at iol.ie
Sat Mar 11 08:23:19 PST 2006

Hi all.

I have a battery oddity on my Powerbook Pismo G3 - probably applies
to G4 Powerbooks as well.

I've just installed Panther with no problems over 9.2.2 on the same HD.

I have two batteries. One charges up to 100% with no problem. The
other goes to trickle charge after about 5 minutes whatever its state
of charge. If you withdraw the battery for a minute and slide it back
in, you'll get full charge for five minutes, then back to trickle
charge again. I'm currently up to 84%, and appear to be advancing by
about 1% for each time I repeat this procedure.

Is there some way around this rather unsatisfactory way of recharging?

Best

Alex
--
Alex & Carmel Hurst