[G4] Firmware and BootROM

nagable at comcast.net nagable at comcast.net
Sat Mar 11 19:15:31 PST 2006

Thanks again for all the advice.  Classic runs just fine, but I can't boot my G4 800MHz 2002 into 9.2, even after a clean install of that System.
The trouble began after I installed Jaguar.  It wasn't really trouble until I wanted to upgrade the processor and was worried about the firmware upgrade.  Classic always ran well, starting up after I booted into Jaguar.  Now it's a moot point, because Apple says that BootROM and firmware are synonymous and my BootROM number is above what is required.

Nate

From: Ronald Steinke <ronsteinke at mac.com>