[G4] Cursor Freezing

Steve Goldstein sng at cox.net
Wed Mar 15 19:52:37 PST 2006

For a long, long time, my Cube froze.  Then, my wife inherited it when her Windoze box died, and, rather than buy a new one, she opted to learn how to use a Mac.  Last year, I bought her a new iMac G5 20" for her birthday.  Apple's 1-button mouse are next to useless, so I transferred the optical mouse that we had used with the Cube.  Then, her iMac began to freeze.  We thought it was the system stuff that we had copied over.  But, I tried another mouse that I had in reserve--a plain old rubber ball one.  Voila!  Problem solved.  IT WAS, AS SOMEONE ELSE HAS ALREADY SUGGESTED, THE *&^%*^ MOUSE!  And, it was not a wireless one either.  I suspect that it was some electrical problem with the mouse.

--Steve