[G4] Epson 870 Photo Stylus. Is it obsolete?

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Fri Mar 17 04:16:17 PST 2006

On 17/3/2006 7:51 PM, "William Duquet" <skygram at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Tony,
> The inks on the 870 are roughly good for 10 years. Some of their newer
> machines the inks are reportedly good for over 100 years. I must admit
> I would like to have this option in that I hate seeing my photos fade
> away.

> Are you looking for massive size prints in your art?

A2 is necessary for making reasonable size prints of art work. I wouldn't
call that massive, kind of normal in fact. An Epson Pro 4000 costs $1999AUD
and a 4800 costs $2849AUD. Either way more than I can afford so I don't make
prints for sale. I would never insult my artwork by producing anything for
public consumption on the 1200. The lightfastness is too poor in all
circumstances. I do use it however as a creative tool as I work out images.
(sort of like a sketch)

It is a dream to be able to actually make an art print. But not until I get
a good enough printer, and that may never happen.

Tony
http://www.tonyjohansen.com
A Life Of Art