[G4] Audio in AGP Video

Aaron macuser at aarons.fastmail.fm
Sat Mar 18 13:21:02 PST 2006

> To: g4 at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
>From: jjdubz at mac.com
>Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 17:13:07 -0800
>
>Hi All:
>
>I cannot get my audio out to work while in iChat.  I've tried several
>different mic's, the settings are all ok and am at a loss here.    My
>previous computer sent audio to this same person with no problems.

1) You write, "the settings are all ok". How do you know that? What are the settings/preferences you are using in iChat and in the Sound preferences panel?

2) Have you tested your audio input? If not, the easiest way to do this is to open the Sound preferences panel, click on the input button, and see what happens to the input level indicator when you speak into the mic. If nothing happens to it, you need to either change the settings in that panel or get a different kind of microphone.

If the input does work, I'll leave it to someone who has actually used iChat to try to help you.

3) What version of the OS are you using? What version of iChat?

If you provide more specific information, you're much more likely to get a useful response!

 - Aaron

P.S. Be sure to respond to the list, not to me off-list. I'm not likely to be the one who can solve your problem if I haven't solved it already.