[G4] Zip Drives any good?

Kevin Brocker blogbrewer at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 18 16:30:47 PST 2006

Hey you guys,

I've got a G4 quicksilver 800mhz with 1.25 GB SDRAM.
I recently installed a DVD Burner and a hard drive.
My machine has another bay available below my DVD and
it looks like it's for a zip drive.  I have an
external zip that I use now, but was considering
putting an iomega 750 megabyte zip in this open slot.
The problem is that some people have told me zip
drives are not being used as much anymore.  Is this
true?
Personally, I like the zip disks because they are so
durable, as compared to a CD that scratches and
cracks.

Would it be a good idea to install a zip, or would
that be doing something that is becoming obsolete?