[G4] Audio in AGP Video

Tony Gamble tgamble180 at rogers.com
Sun Mar 19 07:54:52 PST 2006

On 17-Mar-06, at 8:13 PM, jjdubz at mac.com wrote:

> Hi All:
>
> I cannot get my audio out to work while in iChat.  I've tried
> several different mic's, the settings are all ok and am at a loss
> here.    My previous computer sent audio to this same person with
> no problems.
>
> Is there some hardware fix/replacement I can do to correct this?
>
> Thank You
>
> jerryw
> ______

If you're looking for a quality affordable hardware solution, I
highly recommend Griffin's iMic.  It's a USB soundcard that you can
keep away from the buzzes, clicks & whirrs of internal components
(PCI soundcards can pick and pass on such interference from within
the case), giving a nice clean audio signal at up to 48khz, plus it
works just fine with ordinary, run-o-the-mill microphones.  True plug
& play, too... litterally just plug it in and you're ready to roll.
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/imic2/index.php

Tony