[G4] Best program for DVD burning

GDB-MDD-X.4.5 dougburton at vevayindiana.net
Wed Mar 22 08:56:51 PST 2006

On Mar 21, 2006, at 8:58 PM, J.M.P.Hissel wrote:

> On 21-03-2006 23:43, Robert Walker, ffalcon1 at zoominternet.net, wrote:
>

>> Thanks to all who offered suggestions for setting up my G4 AGP. I
>> am up
>> and running and am ready to burn DVDs. What programs do you
>> recommend?
>> I am running OS 10.3.9 and OS classic. Should I get ILife 05 or
>> move up
>> to Tiger and iLife 06. Any suggestions from those more experienced
>> would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Roxio Toast!
>
> Jo Hissel

With the number of people who are experimenting with video these
days, are there any good tutorials available on the web which explain
the various ways one can accomplish such feats?  My personal goal is
to convert all of my VHS movie library to DVD as I'm sure those
should last a bit longer than the tapes.  Plus as time goes by,
coming by the VCR machines to play tapes will get more difficult.
(anyone remember/have an 8-track audio player?)

I currently am using iLife '06 with my MDD dual 867 to work on this
project, but it is very slow going.  Actually burning the DVD doesn't
take that long, it's all the processing that is necessary to get it
into the proper format that is time consuming.  Plus you naturally
want to add chapters and such to make your DVD as visually appealing
as the original movie.  I went through a lot to get all my old vinyl
records into digital format and it looks like the video will take
even longer!

Just a message from Doug...