[G4] Best program for DVD burning

GDB-MDD-X.4.5 dougburton at vevayindiana.net
Wed Mar 22 17:22:20 PST 2006

On Mar 22, 2006, at 2:19 PM, Richard Northouse wrote:

> Doug,
>
> What method/technique did you use to convert your vinyl records?
>
> rich

Originally I used a PC running Goldwave for importing the audio and
separating the tracks, and a program called Wave Corrector for
removing the clicks and pops.  I would record an entire LP (both
sides) at 45 RPM and then use Goldwave to convert it back to the
proper speed.  This method worked very well for the most part.  Then
when I got my MDD dual 867, I also bought a complete stereo system
off Ebay to go along with it.  Since I got it, I used Amadeus II to
import the audio and separate the tracks.  I use ClickRepair to
remove the clicks and pops.  I mostly have all my records done except
for some obscure comedy albums.  I''m mostly working on my audio tape
collection now.  As for which was better (PC or Mac), I'd have to say
they were pretty equal, with each system having advantages over the
other as far as software.  HTH

Doug