[G4] Pioneer 111D

Steve Goldstein sng at cox.net
Thu Mar 23 09:49:21 PST 2006

At 1:23 PM -0500 3/22/06, Davis Gaffga wrote:
> I am thinking of replacing the internal CD drive which came with the machine and replacing it with the Pioneer 111DVD±R DVD Burner.

Good move.

>Is this the right thing to do?

Absolutely.

> Will it work with what I now have?

Yes.

>Will my system recognize it?

Yes.

> Is there something else I may have to do or purchase?

No.  But, if there SHOULD be a problem, download patchburn from patchburn.de and install it, and that will take care of recognition problems.  But, you shouldn't need it.

>Is there a better way?

Other than getting a spiffy new Mac, no.

--Steve (Quicksilver with a Pioneer DVR 110, a prior model)