[G4] Sonnet Duet 1.8GHz

nagable at comcast.net nagable at comcast.net
Thu Mar 23 15:15:33 PST 2006

And the prize goes to--Philip!  I called Sonnet tech support (I live in New Jersey and they're in California and they DO NOT have a toll-free tech support number, but fortunately I have Verizon unlimited nationwide calling.

I had to call them for more info on the firmware upgrade (I just got stupid there) and again this evening.  There was very little wait time, maybe two or three minutes.  When I mentioned the freezing problem and the unconnected fans, he knew right away and told me the connections were on the processor.  I didn't bother to look when I installed it--I guess I got excited (make that stupid--again).

Well, it's in and the machine is flying.  When it boots, it's still slow while the gear wheel is spinning, but once it goes to blue screen it's up in less than one second.  Amazing!

Thanks again for all the advice.  Especially you, Phil.

Nate

From: Philip J Robar <pjrobar at areyoureallythatstupid.org>