[G4] Adding memory to a G4 PCI.

Michael Danieals escortgt1995 at msn.com
Tue May 2 11:07:43 PDT 2006

The Memory you have that only shows 128mb when it should be 256mb may be ECC
type. You can not use Registered, Buffered, or ECC type memory sticks.

PC100 or PC133 Synchronous DRAM "UNBUFFERED", the mem sticks Have to be
Unbuffered 64bit wide.  I had this problem when I picked up the G4 400Mhz I
have now. It came from a re-sale shop in Phoenix and would not startup
correctly untill I replaced all the mem sticks, someone had filled it with
buffered PC sticks.

Hope this helps you out.

                          Michael