[G4] Vid Card question

Philip J Robar pjrobar at areyoureallythatstupid.org
Fri May 12 02:27:37 PDT 2006

On Dec 14, 2005, at 9:33 AM, Mike Tweedie wrote:

> Here's a question I thought I would post to the group...
>
> I have a G4/500 1Gb Sawtooth that came with a stock Rage 128 AGP
> card. I
> have the following I can put in it...
>
> 1. Radeon 7000 32Mp AGP
> 2. Radeon 7500 64Mb PCI
>
> What's the groups thoughts on performance of one versus the other?
>
> They are both PC flashed cards for MAC.
>
> Are there benchmarking apps out there that can test this for me?

I'm cleaning out my inbox, so just in case you didn't get an answer
to this:

If you're running Panther or Tiger and want Quartz Extreme to work
then officially you have to use the AGP card. There is/was a hack for
getting some PCI cards to work. A little Internet searching should
find it.

Most people use Xbench. Search MacUpdate or VersionTracker for it and
other benchmarks.

Phil