[G4] AppleWork is slowing down again...

Jamie Pruden m3gunner at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 17 10:28:38 PDT 2006

On May 17, 2006, at 9:56 AM, Richard Ramsowr wrote:

> Morning Folks
>
> I've ask this question before and have gotten an
> answer - but for the live of me I can't remember the
> details (must be old age).
>
> Anyway if anyone has a solution to speeding up
> Appleworks please reply...
>
> Thanks for the help
>
> thefireguy

Hi Richard,

If you're talking about speeding up the start up and new document
process for AppleWorks, you can clean out the Recent Files directory
as a large number of files in this folder will cause a huge slow down
when AppleWorks is starting up.

Go to the following folder:

Users: <yourusername>: Documents: AppleWorks User Data: Starting
Points: Recent Items:

Open the Recent Items folder and delete all of the aliases in there.

Now, run AppleWorks and see how much faster things are...

smiles,
Jamie