[G4] Apple HD partitioning help

Philip J Robar pjrobar at areyoureallythatstupid.org
Thu May 18 14:49:39 PDT 2006

On May 18, 2006, at 12:16 PM, Eric Buczynski wrote:

> I've been checking out the forums and noticed that like all OS
> versions,
> you can install a large hard drive but it will only read nad write
> to so
> much space on it before it encounters problems. I know the advice was
> to split a hard disk into small partitions to overcome this, but what
> are the sizes that it should be partitioned to?
>
> I'm not at my mac right now (sob sob, i'm at work on a peecee), but I
> think one of my drives is a 160GB while the other is a 120GB. Right
> now
> I use the 160 for everything with only Tiger on it, and the other
> is in
> the mac but not hooked up, and on that I have an OS 9 partition for
> some
> older games, and another Tiger partition so I can load that as my
> startup disk from time to time and troubleshoot my main hard drive
> running Tiger. All help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Eric
>
> ps. Also, is there a table somewhere that breaks down each mac OS and
> shows the largest hard drive size it can read and write to?

This isn't an issue of OS version, it's a matter of hardware and has
been discussed over and over and over again on this list. Check the
archives or at least tell us what hardware you have.

Phil
--
"The United States is putting together a Constitution now for Iraq.
Why don't we just give them ours? It's served us well for 200 years,