[G4] Re: Installing os9

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Thu May 18 19:12:50 PDT 2006

Bob:

How exactly are you trying to boot the OS 9 CD?  There are several
ways.  I would try this:  Insert OS 9 CD while OS X is running.  Go to
Finder System Preferences, open Startup Disk.  Does the icon for your
CD show up?  If so, select it, hit the Restart button, and you are on
your way.

That is provided when someone installed OS X, the choice was made then
to install the OS 9 drivers from Disk Utility.  Which I assume is the
case, since you had OS 9 running on that configuration before the
crash.

If the OS 9 CD does not show up in Startup Disk, I would get another
installer CD.

Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,
proactive self-defense is for the rest of us.

On May 18, 2006, at 9:31 PM, g4-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com