[G4] OS X to OS X fonts

Snow White jj4 at sympatico.ca
Sat May 20 21:49:13 PDT 2006

Your OS 9 fonts will work fine in OSX.  If you install 10.3 or later
you will have a font manager (in the OS) to help you eliminate the
duplicates.

I put all my fonts from previous machines/OS es into one folder and
called it "Favorite fonts".  I put it on the hard drive and with the
system fonts - that is outside the User profile - that way they are
available for everyone.  But you could put it into your user area and
they would be available to you (but not other users).

As for finding the font from font book - just Apple - F and type in the
name from font book or just search the file type "font" or the name
font.  One of these searches will reveal the locations of all the font
folders on the machine.  Fonts tend to be in only 2 or 3 places and all
grouped together.  Good luck - hope this helps.

jj

On 20-May-06, at 8:14 PM, g4-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com