[G4] OS X (10.3.9) Question...

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Fri May 26 00:46:51 PDT 2006

On 25 May, 2006, at 9:34:15, nagable at comcast.net wrote:

> I think it means that the graphic that should appear got corrupted
> in cyberspace.  I use Safari and web mail (Comcast) and I get it
> occasionally, too.

I have had the same problem, but it appears to me to be caused by the
original sender (who is usually using a PC WhineDoze box) when they
use a proprietary format with a windows only graphic file. As long as
the image is sent as a JPEG format, it appears without any problem on
the page for me. When it is sent as a bitmap image, I get problems.

I say it is a PC issue and they should fix it in the next version of
Vista which is expected to ship sometime in the next two years.