[G4] Help needed on G4 after power surge

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Wed May 31 09:12:01 PDT 2006

On 31 May, 2006, at 8:04 AM, tommylaws1 at cox.net wrote:

I have tried everything I know, restarts, checking input modes on the
monitor...nothing.  All I get from the monitor is that there is no
composite video input.

Have you tried the monitor on another machine yet? It may have been
fried by the surge. Never assume that the problem is in the computer
alone. There is nothing to guarantee that the monitor would work when
the computer works. Also, if you can't see anything on the monitor,
how do you know that the computer is working correctly?