[G4] installing OS9

Philip J Robar pjrobar at areyoureallythatstupid.org
Wed May 31 21:37:16 PDT 2006

On Wed May 31 14:03:54 PDT 2006 cerebus DaPope wrote:

> for some reason i am not authorised to view that page

More likely the problem is that that URL ended up split over two
lines. Try this: http://tinyurl.com/o93ax.

> i was extremyly busy last night when i posed the origainal post
>
> my hard drive is set to master, but i'm guessing that it needs to
> be formatted for mac,
> and apparently the os does not do this on a clean install
>
> is there a way to format the disk corectly if their is no access to
> another mac?
>
> and should this corect my problem?
>
> what if i use windows to de-partition my drive, can os9 work from
> there?

Both the OS 9 and OS X install CD's have tools for partitioning and
reformatting.

See the following for detailed information on the types of installs
you can do in OS 9 and X.

http://www.macmaps.com/cleaninstall.html

Apple's OS 9 installation manual:

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/MACOS9_Installing.pdf

 From what you've described in your earlier posts you're not even
getting the install CD to boot so that you can partition/format the
drive or start the install. If this is correct then you need to find
someone knowledgeable to help you get your drive(s) installed
correctly or read the set up guide I point to above. There are lots
of articles on the Internet about installing or adding IDE hard
drives to Macs.

Phil
--
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do
nothing."